Thursday

Timeless Innocents by Janis Susan May

June 14, 2012
"My name is Talking Tina and I don't think I like you." Twilight Zone
http://www.janissusanmay.com/
There are a number of things that trigger my creepy-o-phobia button: clowns, ventriloquist dummies, talking dolls, basement stairs, attics. Remember the Twilight Zone episode with Tina the talking doll? Is it black and white? Yep. Is it old? You betcha. But, it's one of my favorite creepy shows/movies. Nothing says creepy better than doll eyes staring back at you. And, that's what we have in Timeless Innocents.  Lot's of little bitty eyes.  Doll eyes.  Ooooooo.

I read this book because of two things - the title caught my eye and I read a review stating it was one of the scariest books ever. Now, while I did enjoy reading this book because it was spooky in a Twilight Zone sort of way, the scariest book ever written in my opinion is still Stephen King's It

This is a short book, a fast read and mildly eerie. I wasn't terribly scared and I knew where almost every plot-line was going, so there weren't too many surprises. Except for maybe the ending. Anyway, this is similar to the feel of Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock, both of which I am a big fan.  Creepy with just a bit of humor thrown in and nothing too terribly spine-chillingly scare-the-applesauce-out-of-you, don't go to sleep with your lights off, put a brick on top of the book so things don't crawl out of the pages and stab you in the eyes while you sleep, type of thing.

So, go ahead, take a chance and read Timeless Innocents.  I promise you won't be too scared.  Bwah ha ha.

Time/Place: Current United States
Sensuality: None

No comments: