Friday

The Witches, Salem 1692 by Stacy Schiff

April 29, 2016

I am not worthy.
http://www.stacyschiff.com

I never thought I would ever have a headache from reading so many words. Lots and lots of words. I am not worthy of so many words. At times I felt as if I were in the middle of a college text book. That's too bad, because I have always found the depressing witch hunts to be fascinating. I found Ms. Schiff's take on the Salem witch hunt puzzling. I do not know where she was were going with her tale or what her point was. I wasn't sure what conclusion I was supposed to arrive at. All I know is that this book was awfully long-winded. The witch hunt was a shameful and yet compelling piece of our history, but this book turned the event into a long meandering-going-nowhere work. I am not worthy of the many words that I had to weed through, in fact I was unable to finish this mountain of tedious verbiage.

No comments: